A body lift is a surgical procedure, usually combining other plastic surgeries to improve the overall contouring of a body that has been affected by age, pregnancy, or extreme weight loss.
A Full Body lift will most likely target the abdomen, buttocks, groin, thighs, and sometimes arms and face. When a lift is necessary is when excess skin is sagging due to weight loss, age and sun damage; all of which affect the elasticity of the skin.
You are a good candidate for a Body lift if:
- You have soft tissue looseness around your body
- Over in good health, with no existing conditions that could increase the risk of surgery
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals of the surgery
- You do not smoke
- You are committed to staying healthy and living a healthy lifestyle following the surgery.
The results of a body lift procedure may not be fully attained until two years after the surgery. There will be scarring, which will minimize over time.
During your recovery time you will have dressing and bandages over the wounds to reduce swelling and bruising. You most likely will have small tubes placed under the skin to collect any excess blood.
As with any surgery there are risks, such as:
- Problems with anesthesia
- Blood clots
- Accumulation of blood or serum
- Asymmetrical results
- Skin loss
- Persistent swelling
Dr. Hovsepian will be sure to go over all the risks with you and answer any questions you may have about the procedure and the recovery process. We are here for you every step of the way, from finish to end. Call today for a consultation.